Human papillomavirus infection is transmitted mainly through sexual contact. To date, more than 100 viral strains are known, which differ in the degree of oncogenicity. Recently, clinicians have begun to attribute any skin neoplasms, including papillomas, to a precancerous condition, therefore, adequate treatment of papillomas on the body and timely removal are so important.
Which doctor should I go to with papillomas on the body?
Unfortunately, the human papilloma virus proceeds in an asymptomatic form for a long time and even after the appearance of papillomas on the body is not expressed in any way.
Patients are used to seeing a doctor only with clear disturbing symptoms:
- leakage of serous exudate, blood.
Often, such symptoms in papilloma characterize malignancy or inflammation.
If neoplasms appear on the body, it is recommended to consult a general practitioner or directly to a dermatologist. If a human papillomavirus infection is suspected, a dermatologist may refer you to an infectious disease specialist, venereologist, gynecologist or urologist for consultation.
With alarming symptoms, consultation of oncologists is required.
How to stop the growth and cure papillomas on the body?
Removing papillary lesions alone will not solve the HPV problem.
New neoplasms will arise again under favorable circumstances:
- Exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- Colds or hypothermia;
- Stress factor;
- Long-term drug treatment.
Unfortunately, it is impossible to completely remove the virus from the body, but modern medicine is able to provide a stable remission in relation to the further pathogenic activity of HPV strains.
Adequate drug therapy prevents the development of new papillary foci, and local drugs destroy the structure of the papilloma and lead to its self-amputation.
Tablets for papillomas on the body
Tablets are prescribed, if necessary, systemic treatment to arrest the activity of viral strains. At the same time, they solve the problem of treating combined pathologies or other predisposing factors that could lead to the activation of the virus.
To treat the manifestations of HPV, the following drugs are prescribed:
- Immunostimulating antiviral agents. Active substances suppress pathogenic viral activity in a short time. Along with the antiviral effect, the drugs stimulate the production of their own antibodies that fight the virus and completely eradicate the strains.
- Antiviral drugs of plant origin. Substances effectively fight viral infection; after a few days of use, they destroy viral strains at the DNA level. These funds are taken already on the first day of a recurrent growth. Side effects include nausea, dyspepsia, and upset stools.
- Purine based synthetic products. The daily dosage is 2-3 tablets per day, and in case of severe infection, the dose is increased to 5-6 tablets per day.
- Immunomodulators of high efficiency. Considering that the growth and reproduction of papillomas is possible only against the background of reduced immunity, the prescription of drugs is symptomatic. The daily dose is 1 tab. 4 times a day. Tablets are not prescribed during pregnancy and children under 10 years of age.
- Broad-spectrum tablets that are highly effective against HPV, fungal infection, pathogenic microorganisms. The drugs enhance the effectiveness of other medicinal antiviral agents, practically have no contraindications. The course of treatment is long in 14-21 days.
HPV pills are taken strictly after the appointment of the attending physician. This is due to oral administration, the passage of the drug through the digestive tract and the possible negative effect of tablets on the state of internal organs and systems.
Creams and ointments
Local preparations against papillomas on the body can be used independently at home, which greatly simplifies therapy. Unlike the use of tablets, ointments directly affect the papillomatous focus, destroying viral DNA and normalizing adequate cell regeneration.
There are several main drugs that can be used at home:
- Salicylic ointment. For treatment, an agent with an active substance concentration of 60% is used. The course of treatment depends on the effectiveness of the therapy. So, the treatment continues from 7 to 14 days with a short break, after which the treatment can be continued. Salicylic ointment can cause minor tingling sensations, pain, itching. An affordable and affordable product will not harm, but will have a pronounced bactericidal and regenerating effect.
- Oxolinic liniment 3%. The main difference from nasal ointment is the concentration of the active substance. To remove papillomatous foci, 3% oxolin is needed. The drug has a pronounced antiviral effect, prevents the appearance of new papillary foci.
- Ointment with interferon. Effective local immunomodulators that actively enhance local immunity. The active substance is human interferon, which has an antiviral effect. A characteristic feature is the absence of contraindications, therefore, the agent is widely used in pediatric practice.
- Zinc ointment. The drug is effective against many dermatological diseases, including papillomas and warts. Zinc paste is absorbent, astringent and anti-inflammatory. Liniment is based on zinc oxide, which dries out the papilloma, contributing to its rapid fall-off.
- Ointments against papillomas with salicylic acid are effective. The preparations are applied 2 times a day with an applicator or a cotton swab, avoiding contact with healthy skin areas.
- Ointments with herbal ingredients. The funds increase local immunity, help to increase the synthesis of its own interferon. The drugs destroy the structure of the papilloma, eliminate not only the external growth, but also the root of the neoplasm.
- Ointments with a complex composition and antibiotics. The main ingredients are the antibiotic chloramphenicol and methyluracil, which belongs to the group of immunomodulators. Ointments contribute to the normal regeneration of skin cells, normalize the water balance in the structures of the skin. The general course of treatment is 4 weeks, 2-3 applications per day.
General complex therapy lasts up to several weeks. Patients need to take systemic drugs along with local agents to stop the viral process as quickly as possible.
The course of antiviral therapy must not be interrupted!
Against the background of drug treatment, one should adhere to a healthy lifestyle, eat right and drink vitamin complexes. It is a comprehensive approach to the treatment of HPV that allows you to maintain stable immunity for a long time and prevent the appearance of new papillomas on the body of various localization.
Be healthy and happy!