Skin growths are an alarming symptom for many people. And papilloma becomes the cause of experiences both in the medical sense and in the aesthetic. Is it possible to get rid of such a pathology, and how dangerous is it for the patient? Let's try to figure it out below.
What it is?
First you need to figure out what papillomas on the body are. They are a tumor that is benign in nature, and appear on the skin in the form of a growth. They can be painted in various shades: pink, beige, brown and red. The size of such a neoplasm varies from one millimeter to several centimeters (most often the diameter of the papilloma is from one to three centimeters). It is soft to the touch, may resemble acne - inflammation of a local type. However, the nature of such formations is quite different.
Papillomas are able to rapidly change their size and affect tissues located nearby. In addition, there are non-progressive types of neoplasms. Papillomas mainly appear on the legs, face, hands and mucous membranes. A little less often they occur on the trunk, very rarely such neoplasms are found on the internal organs (including the genitals).
Removal of papillomas is now performed in many clinics.
Reasons for the appearance
The reason why growths appear on the mucous membranes and skin, resembling nipples in their shape, is the human papillomavirus or HPV. The virus is carried by about 90% of people worldwide. Many, being carriers of pathology, do not even realize that they have it. The catalyst for the appearance of papillomas is a sharp decrease in immunity.
They are divided into several types, which is determined by the type of virus that caused the benign neoplasm:
- classic warts - types 2 and 4;
- flat warts - types 3 and 10;
- warts - types 6 and 11.
Viruses 11 and 6 are included in the reduced risk group. Such pathologies are quite simply treated. However, there are also dangerous types of HPV that develop in the later stages into a cancerous tumor of the uterine neck and dysplasia. To eliminate such risks, it is necessary to establish the reason for their formation. How to get rid of papillomas is of interest to many.
How is the HPV virus transmitted?
Papilloma can be contracted during household contact if you use the same hygiene items or come into contact with the skin of a carrier of the virus. However, most often the transmission of papilloma occurs through sexual contact. It is worth noting that even condoms do not help to avoid infection, because in this case, contact with the mucous membranes and skin of the carrier is not excluded. The virus can also be picked up in places that are characterized by a high concentration of moisture (spas, steam rooms, baths, public beaches, swimming pools).
Where to remove papillomas, we will tell at the end of the article.
How to determine the presence of papillomas?
Sometimes during the "maturing" of the human papillomavirus, the patient may experience a fever. However, in more frequent cases, the incubation period ends imperceptibly and develops into the stage of the disease without any symptoms. It is possible to establish the presence of papilloma and its type only when the tumor has already been formed. Types of papillomas and their signs are as follows:
- wart (simple papilloma): the affected areas - legs and arms, are distinguished by a keratinized, dense surface, have a diameter of more than a millimeter, are painless;
- papilloma of the mammary glands: characterized by the release of a colorless or bloody liquid from the nipples, well determined by a specialist through palpation;
- formations are flat: they can be smooth and rough, resemble outwardly "flattened" warts, appear in the area under the breast, in the armpits and on the face, cause slight pain and discomfort, diameter - from three to five millimeters;
- filiform formations: they are distinguished by an elongated shape, often have a papilla at the end, cause unpleasant painful sensations during contact with clothing, appear in the eyes, armpits and neck, are elastic in physical nature;
- pointed neoplasms: appear in the inguinal region and genitals, differ in a pale pink color, the tip is pointed (outwardly they resemble a comb);
- papillomas in the throat: appear on the mucous membrane of the larynx, pharynx and throat, not allowing you to calmly eat, speak and breathe;
- papillomas on the feet: the neoplasm forms inside the patient's foot, looks like a corn, but the color and structure of the corn are unnatural.
It has already been noted above that it is impossible to remove such a virus from the human body. Currently, there is no drug that would completely eliminate HPV. You can only muffle the manifestations of infection by strengthening your immune system sufficiently. You can only deal with the consequences of the infection that has occurred. Thus, one should speak only about the struggle with external manifestations, and not their source.
How is papillomas treated?
Conservative HPV therapy includes the use of antiviral agents and immunomodulators. Immunomodulatory drugs are prescribed only after establishing cellular sensitivity to drugs and determining the status of the human immune system.
Means that have gained wide popularity and are able to deal with the manifestations of HPV are:
- antiviral ointments for papillomas;
- inducers that synthesize interferon;
- drugs with a carcinogenic effect;
- immunomodulating agents with a specific effect.
In addition, for the purpose of HPV therapy, an agent is prescribed, the active ingredient of which is a purine derivative and has not only an antiviral, but also an immunostimulating effect. It is prescribed even for children whose age is more than three years. Effective in case of papillomas in the genital area and larynx. Among the popular methods of treating papillomas, which doctors condescendingly refer to, include:
- echinacea infusions;
- decoctions of rose hips and herbal preparations.
Such funds also have a positive effect on immunity, helping to strengthen it, and have a generally healing effect. However, a number of folk methods cannot be called safe. In addition, treatment with tinctures and decoctions without medication is a serious mistake. Due to the fact that patients go to the doctor out of time, malignant formations may occur that could be identified and destroyed in the early stages.
The intake of medicines must necessarily be accompanied by the elimination of the direct source of infection, but not with the help of creams or ointments, but only surgically.
Consider the treatment of papillomas in folk ways.
The most effective folk remedies
Currently, people do not always trust the means of modern medicine and often prefer to use proven folk methods of treatment. First of all, you need to remember that HPV is a consequence of weak immunity, so you need to first take care of it and only after that - about the cosmetic defects of the pathology. How to remove papillomas at home, the doctor can also tell.
- Immunity is strengthened with a tincture made from garlic: 500 grams of a vegetable must be chopped, pour the same amount of unrefined sunflower oil, insist in a cool place for about three days. After that, add barley groats (300 grams) to the resulting mixture. You need to take this remedy in a teaspoon every day before meals. A monthly course is recommended. How else to get rid of papillomas?
- Rowan. These berries should be rubbed into papillomas and the procedure should be done as often as possible. The disadvantage of this method is that the product is seasonal.
- A good remedy for papillomas is potato fruits. This vegetable is famous for its medicinal properties. Drink freshly squeezed potato juice (100 ml) on an empty stomach in the mornings and evenings. In a month, the papillomas will decrease, while the defenses of the human body will be restored.
- An excellent way to get rid of neoplasms is celandine. Freshly squeezed juice of this plant should be applied to the papilloma and this procedure should be repeated several times a day. Warts fall off after a couple of days, but you can’t rip them off yourself.
- Laundry soap for papillomas on the body. It should be applied to problem areas in a thick layer every evening. Papillomas will become drier in the morning, then they will dry out altogether.
- Papilloma can be dried with medical alcohol. The neck of the bottle should be applied to the sore spot and held for a couple of minutes. Such a procedure will help get rid of a benign tumor.
- Another remedy for papillomas - a variety of essential oils will also help in the fight against an unpleasant growth. To do this, every day you need to apply two drops of oil (lavender, tea tree, lemon, eucalyptus) to the affected area. Such manipulations are carried out for about two weeks, if more time is required for recovery, you can extend the course for another week. Essential oils are not recommended for use in the treatment of childhood papillomas. The delicate skin of a child may react negatively to the components of essential oils. Removing papillomas at home is a long process.
- By the principle of laundry soap, tar is used. Such a remedy is useful in that it contains ten percent of birch tar. Thanks to this, papillomas are dried, inflammation is eliminated, and there is no scar left on the affected area. Many people complain about the smell of soap, but it disappears pretty quickly. The product must be stored in a closed container.
- In addition to ointments for papillomas, thread tying is often used. This method has been used for a long time, but in modern medicine it does not receive approval. With the help of a thread, the base is tied up and the access of blood to the papilloma is blocked. However, such manipulations can worsen the situation, an infection may be introduced, so it is still undesirable to carry them out.
- Iodine is another antiseptic that can only be used in the cold season to avoid sunlight on the papilloma. To protect the adjacent skin areas, you need to lubricate them with a greasy cream. After that, you can carry out the procedure: soak a cotton swab in a solution of iodine and attach to the neoplasm, hold for about a minute. After a couple of manipulations, the papilloma will dry up and soon disappear. We examined how to treat papillomas with folk remedies.
To enhance the effect, you need to add decoctions of wild rose, string and calendula to the diet. This helps to strengthen the immune system and helps to eliminate papillomas.
Where to remove papillomas?
Naturally, private clinics have more modern equipment than state medical institutions. That is why many use their services, do not pay too much attention to the high cost. But in addition, the location of the growths must also be taken into account.
A whole intact papilloma is considered only a cosmetic problem, so its removal is not free. If it bleeds, is inflamed, causes pain and itching, then this is already a threat to the patient's health. For the excision of such a growth, money is most often not charged.