It is necessary to acquire preparations for warts with knowledge of the matter. The best solution is to consult a doctor who will examine your condition with papillomas and prescribe appropriate medications. Self-medication can lead to a worsening of the situation and provoke a number of side effects. For the treatment of warts, drug exposure is considered by many to be the most optimal. Therefore, we will consider some medications, and will help you choose drugs for warts.
Forms of drug release
With warts, most people prefer to treat them with the help of pharmacy products. However, one should not exclude the possibility of using traditional medicine.
In fact, in terms of the effectiveness of the impact on the wart, traditional medicine is able to demonstrate results no worse than a number of pharmaceutical products. Traditional medicine removes the wart gradually and safely. But for many, it is the duration of treatment that becomes the main reason to abandon traditional medicine in favor of drug treatment.
Going to the pharmacy kiosk to purchase drugs, you should know that there are a number of forms for the release of drugs. Which drug you will use depends largely on the conclusions of the doctor and your financial capabilities.
There are the following forms of release of pharmaceutical products for the treatment of papillomas and warts:
- Solutions for papillomas and warts. For the most part, these are cauterizing, keratolic or mummifying drugs that have a devastating effect on the papilloma body. They must be applied carefully, without affecting healthy skin. Some over-the-counter wart solutions are sold by prescription only or require professional application. That is, they are not used at home, but only a doctor applies the remedy.
- Ointment and cream. They have a fatty base, which allows the active substances to be gradually absorbed into the skin. They are in second place in popularity among pharmaceutical remedies for papillomas and warts after solutions. The objective disadvantage of creams and ointments is that after their application, the skin dries out for a long time and absorbs fat, which can leave marks on clothes.
- Tablets. With warts, doctors usually prescribe complex treatment. The main place here is occupied by antiviral drugs and immunomodulators. Some of them are sold in the form of tablets. They can be used as an independent remedy if there is no need to quickly get rid of papillomas.
- Gel. It is characterized by fast action due to its composition and ability to be absorbed. Gels are not used so often, since their range for combating papillomas is insignificant. But it has certain advantages over ointment or cream.
- Oil. Despite the oily consistency, these drugs can be characterized by an aggressive effect. These do not include essential oils, which are often used to treat and remove papillomas.
- Freezing spray. The freezer is becoming more and more popular. Such funds replace a trip to the clinic for cryodestruction. Home freezing with liquid nitrogen does not require special skills. It is only necessary to strictly follow the instructions for use from the manufacturer.
- Plasters from warts and papillomas. Their advantage is that they perform two functions at the same time. The impregnation of the patch has a destructive effect on the papilloma, and the patch itself closes the growth from external influences or possible accidental damage. And they rarely need to be changed, which simplifies the treatment process.
- Pencils. Designed for spot application on wart-affected areas of the skin. Pencils are easy to use, but potentially harmful to healthy skin. Therefore, it is not recommended to apply the drug from a pencil to the skin near the papilloma.
It is immediately worth noting that the treatment of warts in children without the appropriate experience or knowledge at home is not recommended. If your child has warts, take him to the doctor first.
The children's body is able to quickly adapt and resist the papillomavirus in a natural way. That is, in many cases, warts do not need to be treated. They self-absorb within 1-2 years after the appearance.
If the doctor deems it necessary, he will prescribe antiviral agents for the child, topical preparations to speed up the treatment process. In situations requiring surgical intervention, radio wave excision, laser removal or professional cryodestruction will be the best solution.
If you, as an adult, encounter papillomas, then you should not count on their self-resorption. First, try medical treatment for warts, and if it does not help, then you should resort to removal.
How can warts be removed? We offer a list of some medicines that are popular and effectively affect the problem of papillomavirus. But the use of any of them requires prior consultation with specialists.
- A solution with a cauterizing effect, which is distinguished by an oily base and a rather pungent odor. But an unpleasant odor can be tolerated, since the drug is highly effective and is able to get rid of small papillomas literally in one application. Children medicine is contraindicated. Be sure to treat the skin around the neoplasm on which the solution is applied with any fatty cream or plain oil.
- Antiviral drug for warts. The effectiveness of the drug is due to the fact that it is based on synthesized interferon. This is a substance that our body produces to fight pests, including papillomavirus. By increasing the level of concentration of the protective protein interferon, it is possible to get rid of papillomas in a fairly short period of time. Moreover, the product is safe for healthy skin. The course of treatment is prescribed individually, but should not exceed 30 days.
- The most popular, effective, and therefore popular wart pills. The drug helps to increase the protective functions of the body and restore the immune system. The course lasts 2 weeks, after which you need to take a break for a month and repeat the course again to consolidate the result.
- Herbal remedy for papillomas, presented in the form of a gel. Its application allows us to improve the production of our body's natural protective protein interferon. Due to this, the warts disappear in a week. The course of treatment lasts up to 10 days. The skin should be treated no more than 5 times during the day. The gel is characterized by its composition, which allows the active substances to penetrate deep into the skin and adversely affect directly the papilloma root.
- Castor oil. A fairly cheap drug for papillomas, which shows itself best in the fight against neoplasms on the hands. The oil is rubbed into the skin every day until the growths completely disappear. But the treatment can take about a month.
- Iodine. Another cheap pharmacy drug that destroys the wart, helps it dry out and fall off. Iodine should be applied no more than 2-3 times during the day, and the course should be continued for a maximum of 10 days.
- Freezing pharmacy spray, which comes with applicators for applying the product and detailed instructions for use. Contraindicated in persons under 4 years of age.
In no case should you self-medicate papillomas and warts. Consult a doctor who will give specific and optimal recommendations on the choice of pharmaceutical preparations and medicines.